So tomorrow Justin and I leave for Florida. Its so nice to just get away from my town, but also go down to his and spend time with his friends and family. This will be my 4th time down there.
Each time has been amazing. The first time I went down was a secret. He was going down for his post deployment leave before he went to Cuba (our first deployment). His sister and I started talking and she had a plan to fly me down that morning, well I got there about lunch time. Then we hung out until Justin got down there. Big oops happened...as I was walking through security, my phone...in my pocket book btw...dialed Justin's phone (stupid touch screen lol). I had no clue until my phone started ringing and it was him. My stomach sank, I was freaking out. So to make that moment short, he was mad at me all day because he thought I was hiding something. I AM!!! But I cant tell you!! Thats what I wanted to scream lol. Anyways His sister, her 2 kids and his dad and I waited at the house until his mom brought him home from the airport. I was sooo nervous. I was meeting his family without him, it was my very first time EVER on a plane, and he was mad at me....it was a crazy day! So when he got to the house, everyone except me went to the door to greet him. His little nephew grabbed him by the hand and led him into the living room where I was waiting (with butterflies lol). I was his Christmas present from his sister, so I had a cute little bow on my head (which didnt want to stay put lol). He walked in and had a big smile on his face, gave me a big hug and we just sat there talking with his family. That weekend was so amazing, I got to meet alot of his extended family and some of his best friends, I was so happy they all liked me!
The second time was Easter weekend. I actually got to fly with him that trip so it was so amazing. We had a chicken fry with his family, had a Easter egg hunt for the kids, and an Easter egg scavenger hunt for the adults. Men vs. Women. It was fun, I cant remember who one though. Once again that weekend we just spent time with family. Went out to eat some Japanese, spent time with friends. The flight down was nice because we got to sit together, but the flight back up sucked because we didnt get to. I wasnt happy. You would think that when you purchase tickets together they would put the single fliers together and the ones bought together together, yeah they must not be that smart. On the flight up I was beside this guy who was all up in my foot space, um hello dude the space in front of your seat is where YOUR feet go, and it goes the same for mine. I am to nice of a person to say anything, so I was all squished up against the window. Other than that is was another wonderful trip to Florida!
Our Previous trip to Florida was for post-deployment leave. We got a nice long week instead of just an extended weekend. We got to sit together pretty much every flight, one time we sat across the isle from each other, which was ok, better than being rows apart. I LOVE Southwest, I wont even fly with anyone else. You get 2 free bags plus your carry on, and you pick where you sit, how amazing is that! So we had quite an adventure this trip. We went off shore fishing which was awesome, went to the beach in St. Augustine, (which is like 30 mins from Justins house), went out on the river looking for alligators, all kinds of fun stuff. It was nice having a week, but it still didnt feel long enough.
 |
| At the beach in St. Augustine |
 |
| At Mikatos, a yummy Japanese restaurant! Highly recommend if you're in St. Aug |
 |
| Yummy sushi we got! |
 |
| Taking in the historical part of St. Augustine, absolutely amazing |
 |
| Off Shore fishing, yes I caught that fish :) |
 |
| Fishing Trip |
 |
| Catching a fish! |
I am so looking forward to this trip, 2 weeks yay! I am almost done packing, other than the stuff I use every day which will get packed tomorrow. I may have to rearrange some things after I get done with the every day stuff, but I am happy that for the most part I am done. Now my room is a mess lol. Oh well its all going to be worth it. I will try to do another post tomorrow, maybe even a vlog. And I will try to follow up, and maybe post a bit while im gone...we just wont have internet access so it may just be a short message from my phone.
I want to thank all of you ladies for following me, I cant wait to share my wonderful adventure with you when I get back. I am just so happy to have my Marine home! I hope everyone has a wonderful day :)
Semper Fi <3
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the love yall! <3