So I saw a post about this link up and I thought it looked like fun! Click the here if you want to join in also :)
My blog title is "While I'm Waiting". I started my blog during Justin and I's first deployment. I created it while I was waiting for him to return. It just seemed like it fit, it was my escape from missing him so much. I also decided to add the subtitle to it, "The journey of a Marine's Girl. The ups, the downs and everything in between." This lifestyle has been a journey...we have been through 2 deployments together. We have had to build trust, really learn to use our communication skills, and most definitely learn how to be patient. We have been through ups, and we have been through downs...but we keep moving on in this life we share together. I never kept a diary or a journal growing up, when he got back from his first deployment I kinda fell out of blogging. I am happy to say that it has been around 6 months since he got back from his second deployment and I am still posting everyday, I have found that whether he is here or not...my journey doesn't end, and I want to keep sharing my story. I don't post for my followers, I post so that I can look back and remember the memories I have posted about. I go back and read my first post and I can see how far my blogging has come, how far we have come in our journey. It's crazy how a backwoods boy from Florida can find a southern belle from North Carolina, if it wasn't for the Marine Corps we wouldn't have met. Its crazy thinking about how things in your life work...and from the day we started talking we have been on an interesting journey. I love this life we share...I call our "love story" our "love song." We both love music and it fits. That is what explains the pictures on the left side of the page...its our love song, he is my backwoods boy and I am his southern belle. I am so thankful for this life, and I look forward to sharing my journey with all of you.
For those who dont know me, this is my life...my journey. This is me. I'm Stephanie, in my mid 20's...and my heart belongs to an amazing guy who happens to be a Marine. Im going to leave you with a quote I love <3
"Proud Marine's Girl
I love this man,
I chose this life"
















Aww, Stephanie! I love this! I can't imagine what you had to go through while your love was away. I know it had to be so hard, but it is so awesome that you found blogging and used it as an outlet. I really think blogging/journaling is good for the mind and soul - whether it's shared with others or not.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your story! Your blog name is adorable! :)
I love your title-it seems like a perfect fit! And the Love Song piece on your side bar is so sweet.
ReplyDeletewow girl your title is PERFECT :) what a great story- i just adore it! i'm so glad i found your blog! def a new followr! xo
ReplyDelete