Hello lovely ladies! As you all know I am currently in Florida spending time with my love. I hope you are enjoying the guest blogger post I have set up for you...and I hope you are showing all of them the same love you do for me. Today I am happy to introduce a super sweet girl. Emily from Lacey Maybelle is currently a brand new Marine girlfriend. Her love just got out of boot camp a few weeks ago. I really enjoy reading her blog. Some days I wish I could have been with Justin when he went into the MC, but I know there is a reason for everything to happen. I am blessed to have met him and I wouldnt change or trade any of this life I have shared with him. Ok enough of my rambling lol. I hope yall enjoy this post, and you have a great day!
Hello! My name is Emily. I’m a freshman in college and going for VCT (visual communications technology) degree. So that pretty much means I’m passionate about graphic art and photography. I have a 3 pound yorkie, Lacey Maybelle, which I love to pieces. Hence my blog’s name.
Speaking of loves, I’m in love with my PFC marine. Trent is his name and I’m serious when I say he’s the best thing that ever happened to me. (Not to be all mushy or anything...)
We met back in April (of this year) and hit it off really well. Actually, as I remember it, the day we met he called me that night asking me out on a date. I was flattered because not only had a stud asked me out, but a stud with sweet personality had asked me out! He came over a few nights later to meet my daddy and get the a-ok. And then we went out on our first date. It was a typical date... Dinner and movie, but I loved it. :) That night he asked me to be his girlfriend. By this point we had gotten to know each other fairly well so all I knew was that it was a yesyesyes.
From then on we spent almost every waking moment together. It was all bliss, until... Trent left for BT for the USMC. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be (being left behind, etc.), but it definitely had lonely points. Never once did I think he should not be doing what he was doing. It is what he wanted so I knew it was (and still is!) my role to fully support him. Just fyi, the military seriously needs our support! While he was there, we wrote each other like it was our religion, haha. And then... The three long months were up and I went out to Cali to see him graduate with honors.
And the rest is history... ;) So now he’s back at it in Cali to get more training. I admit I really don’t like the separation, but then again, when he asked me to be his girl I consented fully knowing this is the life I’d live. But, let me tell you, I wouldn’t trade it for the world. There is something so special about dating a military man... It makes time spent together truly cherished instead of being taken for granted. The pride I hold is something I can’t really express, even if I wanted to. I’ve never doubted for a second that it’s what Trent wants. I know he loves his job and most certainly, his country. (And the list could go on and on!) All military loves reading this know exactly what I’m talking ‘bout. :)
Okay, enough of the sappy mush. Haha. But now you know our story in a nutshell. The marine part is still all so new, I have yet to go through deployment. But one thing that the military has taught me so far is to take one day at a time. Oh, that and semper fi!
















Awww! This is so seriously sweet!
ReplyDelete