Monday, August 8, 2011

My Weekend and Giveaway Winner!!!

So after this post I will finally shut up about my birthday lol, I am sure you are sick of hearing about it haha.  Well before I announce my giveaway winner I will do a recap of my birthday weekend with my love!

So I got off work Friday at 6 thinking Justin would already be here...nope he had to go to the MCX and get his uniforms taken care of because they have to be done before he PCS', also traffic was bad so he didnt get to leave until around 6, putting him here around 10.  Well while I was at work my mom had text me and told me just to meet her and my dad at this mexican restaurant, and to ask if my cousin Kimberly wanted to come with me (she is the cousin I work with).  Well Kimberly said we could just ride together so I was like ok.  Well I thought it was just going to be me, my mom, dad and Kimberly.  I walk into one of the rooms at the restaurant and I see my family sitting there and they yell surprise!  LOL I thought we were going out for my birthday Sunday, not that night so I was surprised lol.  I hate Justin wasnt there, but it was still a nice surprise.  That is when I got to see and taste the cake I was so excited about.  Lets just say I was very disappointed in it, not just the design that wasnt what I had pictured, but the chocolate cake with raspberry filling was nasty.  I was very unhappy and will not get another cake from there.  Idk is I even want to share a picture of the cake to yall.
Out with my family, does the hat work for me?  lol

Well Justin got to my house Friday night around 10.  I was so happy to have him back, especially because this RFDF thing is over with.  Saturday we got up and headed to Verizon to take a look at the phone I have been looking at.  Plus I had birthday money to burn and you all know how much I want a new phone lol.  Awhile back Justin had brought up us getting on the same phone plan, which got me excited because it feels like that is another step in our relationship lol, so we also were going to take care of that.  Well the phone I have been looking at and telling him about, the Droid 3 was BOGO...we got a,brand new, just came out, $200 phone buy one get one free!  How awesome is that!  We were productive with everything, the only bad thing is we have to have the phones shipped to us because they didnt have them in stock, but I am glad we have all of that stuff taken care of with the account, and also we will have phones that actually work!  We get to say good bye to our Envy Touch (we both have the same phone) and hello to our new Droid 3's.  Plus, and I didnt understand how Justin's bill was $70 and mine was $130...now I see that he gets a 15% Military discount.  Now our bill with both of our phones with be less than $130....freaking awesome!!  I am so excited about all of this!  I hope we get our phones by Saturday, cross you fingers with me!  After that we went to Walmart and got Rio and went home and watched it, that movie is so good, I highly recommend it!!  That night we went to The Melting Pot for my birthday, it was so amazing!  We had our own private booth with a curtain and everything!  I felt so special, and the food was amazing!  It was the best way I could ask to spend my birthday, I am a lucky girl so have a guy who treats me so well!  Justin not only took me out for dinner, but he got me Donkey Kong for Wii lol, and a card that made me cry because he wrote something so sweet in it.  He said he wanted to get me the phone for my birthday, but he forgot to go by the ATM before we went to Verizon so I just paid for it with my birthday money, which is what I had planned on anyways.  Either way it was a sweet thought, and we are getting new phones so idc who bought it lol.  Oh did I mention we got 2 brand new phones, me a phone case and us screen protectors for less that $200...thats how much the phone itself cost...dang I can find a deal anywhere lol. 
 
Pics from The Melting Pot :)
 I was so excited lol
 My love and Me
 Roses he got for me
 They took our picture :)
 I love him <3
 Yummy!!
 Im a lucky girl!

 A carrot went over board when I tried to stab it with my fondue stick thingy lol...oops!
dessert!  omg it was heaven :)

I also found out that Justin will get a 30 day leave starting the 15th, and he has to report to Jacksonville, NC on September 14th.  He is going to Florida and I will be going.  I cant go the whole time, but I will be taking a week leaving the 28th of this month, flying down and driving back up the following Sunday or Monday with Justin.  He wants to get to Camp Lejeune a week or so early just to get settled in and all.  Im so happy to have him only 2 1/2 hours away now instead of 4, and yay for being in the same state lol.  I am excited about this, and also about my trip to Florida!!  Now I just need to get my plane ticket :)

Ok ok I will shut up about all of that, I have talked enough lol.  I am so proud to announce the winner of my very first giveaway....drum roll please!!! (oh and this was chosen on a random number generator)
Emily from LACEYMAYBELLE!!!
Congrats to her!  Her love will be graduating from boot camp soon, so exciting!  She is a super sweet girl and I cant think of anyone more deserving to win this!  Make sure you head over and check out her blog, it is super cute and one of my new favorites to read :)

I hope everyone had a great weekend and you week starts off well :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower and you are so cute! Yay for new phones!! I have the worst luck with phones, I always get the messed up ones.. :/

    thatgirldenise.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay my karma loves me :) and sounds like you had a great bday. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these photos!! So cute, glad you had a good birthday! (besides the gross cake)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love yall! <3