Wednesday, July 13, 2011

No News!

I know I have already posted once tonight, but I got to thinking about something and thought I would post about it.

Do you watch the news?  Well I dont.  Sometimes I feel so out of the loop about stuff.  Like the Casey Anthony trial, I didnt know what was going on.  I didnt follow it, they only reason I know about it now is because my aunts and grandma had it on the trial July 4th when I was there and they explained things and caught me up.  I hate to say it...but I cant pull myself to watch the news...local news, CNN, any of them.  I dont even flip it there to find out the forecast for the day lol.  If I watch the news (even though Justin is stateside) I panic a little bit.  I dont want to hear about what Obama has and hasnt done, if the troops are or arent coming home (we all know its a load of crap what is being done about that.  Yes you are bringing "some" home, just to send others out, but im going to stop now before I get stirred up lol) I dont watch it because I dont wanna see all this craziness in the world.  Should I be watching it...yes.  It would probably help understand what is going on, and what Justin, when he deploys again, will be going into.  Do I believe half of what the media says, or how they spin stories...nope, sure dont.  Am I a bad person for avoiding the news?  I dont think so, I have a good reason to not want to watch it.  If Justin was deployed to Afgan, and somewhere over there got blown up, I would go into a state of panic until I heard from him.  I will already be worried enough, but seeing that stuff would make it so much worse.

So do you watch the news?  Do you watch it more, less, or the same when your s/o is deployed and home?  I might have rambled a bit, and made no sense at all.  But I really got to thinking about this when I was flipping through the channels and I past CNN.  I promise I wont post anymore tonight lol  : P

6 comments:

  1. I used to watch the news a lot…but once Casey deployed I just couldn't watch it anymore. I even ask the bartenders at my work to change the tvs in the restaurant to sports instead of the news so that I can't see it. I am totally out of the loop. But, like you said….we worry enough about our Military men…we don't need to worry even more. We just need to trust that our men know what they are doing over there and what they are training for here and that they support it. That's all I need. That's the only way I would get through this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEVER watch the news. The only time I did was when I was pregnant, and living with my parents. And that's because my dad was watching it. I think that news is too depressing, and not worth it. In California, it's even worse. Its like I am watching a soap opera. I'll briefly glance at yahoo news, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always watch the news. But more for what happens in Philly. We have a good amount of murders and all that crap so it just keeps me in tune every night before bed. But as far was world news, Nope.

    All your reasons are perfectly logical and if I weren't in such a terrible city, I'd probably never watch the news either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very rarely watch the news. It is just too depressing. I read headlines when I go online and if it seems like it is something depressing then I move on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jay has banned me from watching the news during the deployment! I have been so behind on everything since last August. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to watch the news all the time... before I married a military man. Now I can't bear it. Everything makes me sad or angry or worried. I would rather just live in ignorant bliss. If I really kept up with it, I would never sleep because I would be freaking out about things all the time. Totally understand!! Oh, and I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love yall! <3