Friday, July 22, 2011

Journey to the New Nightstand!

Um duh Stephanie...you couldnt remember the one thing you have been super excited about doing??

Yes I am talking to myself, what?..like you dont do it at times haha.  So do you remember at the end of this post where I had something else I wanted to post about but it totally slipped my mind?  Well I remembered!!

Ok so my current "nightstand" I guess you would call it is pretty sad.  Do you remember those tables that are round with 3 skinny leg you screw in?  They sold them like a thousand years ago...I cant even find them anymore, much less table cloths for them lol.  Well as wonderful as it has been holding my remotes and cups and other useless junk that may or may not make its way on it, I think it is time to say good bye.  For that I wrote a short letter to my table.

Dear Table,
We sure have had some great times through the years. 
Remember the first time I redesigned my room and I bought you a new table cloth, that was fun!  
And you had a cute lamp on you, you looked pretty good then.  
Or the most recent time I redesigned my room, going all out and actually getting rid of my plain white walls,
and painting them grey with black trim.  You still rocked your black table cloth, but you got a new lamp, a pink lamp!  Oh and when I took the big paperweight diamonds I had and some pearls,
and made a super cute table accessory on you...
you sure did look like a million bucks!
Well I guess I need to say its time we went our separate ways.
I will never forget our wonderful times together.

Yours Truly,
Stephanie <3

Wow I feel so much better, if only all break ups went that well...that would be great lol.  So the other day before Justin left he made a comment about doing something about the table.  No, its not messy but 1.  it needs a new table cloth but I cant find them anywhere  2.  you can barley bump it and it shakes and stuff falls off of it.  I need a table that is like a table and not a hula dancer lol.  Well this made me start thinking that night, why dont I get a new one...light bulb!!!  I love home decor stuff, especially DIY stuff...why dont I use that love and my love for thrift shops (yes I love them, like many of you who's blogs I read.  I feel like now is the time to come out of my thrift store obsessed closet lol) and I could find a "new" nightstand and paint it and make it all snazzy!!  How fun is this gonna be!!  I have been doing my research, youtube videos, google, all that good stuff and I am so excited to be doing this.  Now I just need to find the lucky nightstand.  I told Justin about my project tonight and he sounded impressed.  The next time I should see him is August 5th and I would love to be able to get it done before he gets back, here goes it all works out.  Either way I am excited to be doing this, and I will def post about my journey to making my new nightstand!  

Well I hope you arent asleep lol.  Any tips, tricks and advice on this would be awesome, I am always open to others advice and opinions.  Crossing my fingers I can find the nightstand this weekend!!!  Im so excited I can hardly wait haha :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha I'm not asleep although I should be!
    Hopefully you will find your nightstand!
    It all depends on your style but I really love the distressed look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should be sleeping, but your letter to your table made me laugh out loud. I had to cover my mouth to stop from waking my husband and baby!

    Good luck with your new table! Hopefully it treats you as well as your old one did :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love yall! <3