So I was thinking...do you think that women are stronger mentally and emotionally than men? In some ways I do.
Well right after Justin got back from Japan I asked him if the tables were turned, and I was the one gone for 8 months or so, does he think he could sit there and wait for me. To my surprise he said he doesnt think he could. Um...wow!! He said he was actually talking to this guy in his plt about it before they got back. Saying how they dont see how we do it. How we sit there and wait. Why is that? Why is it that it's ok for them to leave us, but if we left them...they wouldnt stick around. It kinda bothered me hearing that, but I kinda get it. To me it seems that women are built more emotionally and mentally stronger than men. Us Military spouses encounter so much more obstacles in our lifetime, than others do. Obstacle that should very much tear us down, break us, destroy everything we have to live for...but we dont let it. We slap on a fake smile, bottle up the hurt and the tears, and continue our day to day. I believe when GOD made us, he made us extra special. He put an extra special piece in our heart that other women dont possess. Why do you think we click so easily with other Military spouses, we instantly open up to total strangers. It's just so funny. We talk more to our Military gf's than we do our other gf's...the others just dont get it. I was also thinking earlier how civilians consider the "D word" Divorce...us Military girls consider the "D word" Deployment...divorce never crosses our mind. Idk I guess guys are built more physically and we got the other parts lol. Just something to think about...and maybe just simply ask your Marine about, see what his answer would be. I know that nothing will stand in the way of true love, but just put that aside and think about the other part of the relationship we go through.
I hope I didnt ramble or anything in this post, and I made a lil bit of since lol. I hope everyone has a great day!!















You absolutely made perfect sense! Joseph and I have talked about this before. He said he couldn't imagine being all alone for so long, but he said he knew he could. I'm glad he at least appreciates it, however. By the way, your last post? The food? OMG! COOK FOR ME! :D
ReplyDeletelol i LOVE to cook, and i am def trying your cheesecake this weekend!!
ReplyDelete