Sunday, April 3, 2011

Random Thoughts

So I am a random person, ask anyone who knows me lol.  This is going to be a post that is totally random, but just about different thoughts, questions, ect. of things going around in my head lol. 

First of all, and this kinda bugs me.  You know how back in the day a woman's place was in the kitchen, well why is it now days alot of men dont think women should cook.  This mind boggles me.  For example, the guy I work for at the restaurant doesnt think woman should be the cook, and to be frank most of the girls there can cook the food way better than the guys, especially the night shift cook.  The way I see it is men never cooked up until the turning point where women wanted more rights and they started holding jobs, but I am pretty sure that even then the men never cooked.  I just dont get how for decades how it was the woman's place to feed the family, but now they wont let us do our job.  If we can cook at home, we can handle cooking in restaurants.  I know this is random and I probably rambled a bit, but I have thought about this before, and I was just watching Food Network and the woman kinda made a comment about having to step it up since she was the only girl, and compete with the guys.  I dont get it, what are your opinions about this, I hope it wasnt to dumb lol.

Another subject...ok so it's April, Easter is in a couple weeks...why is the weather not all warm and sunny?  Yes today was quite nice, but this past week has been freezing and it even snowed Monday...ahhh really?  I am so ready for the nice warm weather, the beach, oh spring and summer...i cant wait to meet you again.  I dont mind cold weather when its winter, but when the calendar says its spring...yeah its time to warm up lol.  Hopefully this will be a nice warmer week and the last, crossing my fingers!

So I am in a somewhat blah mood, after maybe this weekend I wont see Justin for about 3 months.  No he isnt deployment but just doing some training thing and I probably wont be able to see him, hopefully things will work out and he will have a few days with this thing, and then be off for a couple, if not then if he gets one day off my parents and I will probably go up and see him when we can.  I hate this, it feels like right when he's been gone for about 8 months and I finally get him back, they take him away from me again.  Ugh, really?  I am thankful because it was either this training or they would go back to Cuba for 3 months, at least I will have him stateside.  Idk how this will work out, we still arent sure the details or anything, but I still wish I didnt have to say goodbye again.  Like I said I just got him back, its so not fair.  But I am thankful for the time we have had since he got back from Japan.

We talked about some things today, and I feel pretty good.  I brought up the subject of moving where he goes when they go through PCS.  I really hope he get Jacksonville, NC.  I live like 2-2 1/2 hrs from Camp Lejeune, Ive been there many times so I know my way around the town.  That is our hope of where he gets re-stationed.  We got to talking about it and all the things we need to consider.  At the end of it all we both decided to just wait and see what happens and then make decisions from there.  By the end of this year a lot of things will be changing, we just need to see how everything turns out before make any decisions of that nature.  Im happy with this, we have gotten better about talking about things.  Before it would seem that there were somethings we couldnt talk about, like marriage, because it seemed like I was pushing for it when all I really wanted was to simply talk and make sure we were on the same page.  Seeing this past month or so that he has been back and the things we have discussed, we have grown a lot and I am so thankful for that.

Speaking on that note, so my brother got engaged...blah blah blah...Justin brought up something yesterday that shocked me.  He said "so what do you think about Courntey's ring?"  My jaw kinda dropped, then I gave my opinion on how it wasnt really something that I would like, and he gave his input.  He has never brought up that before, idk if he was kinda trying to get an idea of what I like for the future, but I am glad he asked.  I was really shocked when he said it, but I thought it was sweet.  Plus I like that we have kinda the same taste on it.  Once again it was just a really nice conversation.

Im loving this, im love us.  This feel great.  Yes we have ups and downs, but we love each other and we never let anything come between us.  I am sorry if this was a wacky post, but like I said I had a random amount of things on my mind, just wanted to get it out there.  Feel free to give your input on some of the things. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!  :)

1 comment:

  1. So excited to hear you made the dip! I'd love to hear your moderations... I'm always looking to make things better. Thank you so much for letting me know you made & enjoyed it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love yall! <3