Sunday, April 10, 2011

What A Weekend

Ok so this was a bizarre weekend, and nothing I wanted to happen really did.

Friday I was sooo excited because Justin was coming down.  We were planning on taking a trip to the zoo on Saturday.  I was sooooooo excited!!!!  Thursday I had checked the weather for Saturday and it said 70 and nothing about being cloudy or raining, so I was like yay...sounds like a great day for a zoo trip.  So Friday night started storming.  Justin and I decided to just set the alarm and check the weather and make the decision to go then.  Well the zoo opens at 0900, it takes a lil over an hour to get there, so we set the alarm for 0730, and we were gonna leave around 0800.  0730 comes, I look outside, and tell Justin we can just save it for next time.  Neither of us slept good that night, so I figured we would sleep in.  Ok so a lil bit later we ended up waking up at 0830, I was gonna check the weather and then if it didnt look to bad we could leave then, and just go later. 

Well, we hear this weird noise come from outside and Justin says "that doesnt sound good."  My brother was pulling out of the driveway and his drive shaft falls out from the bottom of the truck, or as Justin said "babe your brothers drive shaft is laying on the ground."  So he goes out to help since my dad wasnt home.  Long story short, Justin spent that morning helping my dad try to fix Brandon's truck, because my brother knows nothing about cars.  We didnt make it to the zoo, not just because of that, but because the weather was horrible.  It was freezing, and then it was yucky rainy all day.  I was so bummed.  Well after they figured out what needed to be done about the truck, and had finished messing for it for the day, me, Justin and my dad was just sitting in the living room watching tv.  We hear the dogs barking and after a lil while of beating on the window, my dad goes to open the door to the backyard to tell them to hush.  I see him run outside, and Justin follows and then this man I had never seen before running also.  I thought it was my next door neighbor at first glance, and I figured his dog had jumped the fence somehow.  I step out and the man says "there is a deer in your backyard."  Um...WHAT???  I live in the city, I have never seen deer in my neighborhood.  Yes there are woods around us, but I have never seen it.  So I go outside and my dad and Justin is yelling at me to get the dogs in the house.  Nikki was fine, she listened and went right in....Copper on the other hand, ugh I could have killed him...I am weak, and him squirming around while I am trying to get the leased hooked was hard.  I ended up having to sit on him and then carry his heavy butt inside.  Ok so back to the deer, the poor thing was only a baby...had somehow jumped into out fenced in backyard, im pretty sure it had been hit by a car because it had a broke leg/shoulder.  It was just so pitiful, it broke my heart.  Both the dogs had blood all over them from the deer, and Copper being the beagle (hunting dog) he is wanted him some.  In the end we had to call animal control, actually a police officer I know came to the house and had to put it down.  I couldnt help but cry.  I understand hunting, im sure if I was hunting I would be fine with it being shot, but a poor little deer that got hit by a car, put down in my own backyard...that just broke my heart. 

On the plus side of the weekend, I went to Burlington Coat Factory and Justin helped me pick out my Easter dress!  We also had to go to a birthday party for my little cousins.  My aunt (God bless her) has 4 kids, a 10 year old and also 8 year old triplets.  Their birthdays are a few days apart, so we always have the parties combined.  It makes me so sad, I still call the triplets "the babies" because im not ready for them to grow up.  I still feel like they shouldnt be talking, they should just babble...aahhh darn you kids, your making me old lol. 

This was the last weekend I will get to spend with Justin until August, im pretty bummed.  He is doing this RDFD things, and will have 6 days on and 1 1/2 days off.  So maybe every-now-and-then he will come down, and also I will try to go up when I can.  I am thankful we can still see each other sometime, and it's better than a deployment...but I have still gotten use to seeing him ever weekend.  Oh well, just gonna have to find something to pass the time once again.  Story of my life it seems....so While Im Waiting... lol just gonna keep busy.  Yeah that may sound confusing, but that is why my blog has its name lol.

Anyways I hope this wasnt to boring, because this weekend was def not normal.  I hope everyone else had a great weekend!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love yall! <3