So this is my final post about our trip to Florida. I know it has taken a few but we were down there for 2 weeks. Last time I talked about our trip down to Orlando, this post will cover the rest of the week.
Wednesday we got up and Justin wanted to take me to this place to ride go karts before we headed back. Once we got there and looked at the place we decided to just head back because it honestly didnt even look like it was open. So we headed back up to Palatka. I had told Justin that I wanted to cook supper that night because I had some special plans. Once we got back up there, and headed to Walmart to pick up a few things, we headed back to the house. I was so excited. I had bought tons of candles, rose petals, and champagne glasses (even though we didnt have champagne lol). I cooked and he helped, but once it was almost done I made him go into the living room until I told him to come eat lol. We had spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread and a caesar salad. I was running around trying to get the table set and the food finished and the candles lit, but he was surprised and thought it was sweet. And the food was pretty darn good also lol. After dinner we watched a movie and cuddled the rest of the night.
Thursday we got up and drove to St. Augustine. His other brother-in-law works for a dealership and had found some tires for Justin's truck. So we went to pick those up. After that we went and spent some time with his sister. We talked with her a bit, she is so sweet. Justin promised he'd take me shopping while we were there so we left and went to the outlet center. Yay I finally got my shopping trip lol. Justin is a big Florida State fan, not obsessive, but just. I got both of us FSU tshirts at this store that was closing, yay I had been wanting to find one but of course FSU isnt big in NC. Later on we headed to our favorite Japanese steakhouse Mikatos!!! If you are even in St. Augustine you have to go there. The food is sooo good, and its the only place I can actually eat sushi. We defiantly have to make a special trip there every time we are in Florida. After that, with our tummies full we headed back. His sister invited us over to watch American Idol so we went and spent some time with her and the kids. Honestly the whole time I was at her house I kept thinking about my left over Japanese food, so as soon as we got home I dove into the box and ate the rest lol. Justin ate cereal...yeah I felt like a fatty with him being healthy with his Special K haha.
Friday, ugh Friday...I was getting bummed because we were leaving the next day. Friday we met his mom for lunch and this place called Corky Bells. It was ok, I had chicken tenders and I would get something different next time I go, but it was good. The place is so nice, its right on the river, has a huge deck you can eat out on if its a nice day (it was cold that day so we sat inside) and it even has docks so you can park your boat and come up and eat lol. After that we spent some time with his mom. We went back to his grandpa's house and just talked with his mom and looked at pictures of Justin when he was little. It was nice, I've seen some pics of him when he was in middle and high school but not baby pics. He was so adorable. After spending a bit there we drove down the road to his aunt and uncles house. Justin was talking to him about getting me a pistol, so he said we could come shot and take a look at the kind he has to see if thats what we should get me. It was fun, but I was nervous. I have shot before, but never a pistol. Plus I was kinda scared of shooting on of his roosters that was walking around the yard haha. I didnt do that bad though so I was happy. Justin looked pretty hot shooting, and him teaching me made me feel special. It was pretty cool him teaching me because thats one of his jobs in the MC, he is a Marksmanship instructor so he teaches and assist the guys when they go to the range. It was nice seeing his aunt and uncle again before we left, I really like them. We didnt do much that night, just mostly took it pretty easy.
Saturday we got up and I started cleaning, I didnt want to leave the house a mess. I cleaned and packed and he packed and mostly spent time talking to his dad. I felt like most of the time I was the only one who cleaned, but hey...maybe this will show him that I can keep a house whenever we settle down. It was a crazy day, trying to make sure we saw everyone before we left. We had lunch with Matt and Leslie, made sure we told his dad bye, and then right before leaving we went to his sister's to saw bye to his mom, sister and the kids. Neither of us wanted to leave. We were on the road no later than 0500. It was a long drive back to NC, I think we got here around 0130. We talked to my parents a bit then crashed.
Justin didnt have to be back to base until Tuesday. Sunday we went to church that night, defiantly slept in that morning. Monday I had to work so he hung out with my brother, and that night we went to my cousins 8th grade chorus concert. Then Tuesday morning he left early, I so didnt want him to go. Those 2 weeks had really spoiled me seeing him all the time. Overall it was an amazing trip and I cant wait to go back. I hope you didnt think it was to boring, like I said before we just took it easy. Thanks to everyone who follows my blogs and reads all my ramblings lol. I hope everyone has a great day!
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














It sounds like a fun time! I love going to my Hubs hometown and visiting family and friends (and he tries to teach me to shoot, too but I get so nervous! He doesn't have chickens though but I get nervous about the dog! haha)! Hope you have a great weekend! :)
ReplyDelete