Sunday, March 27, 2011

Florida Post #3

So this is my third post about my trip to Florida.  I hope it hasnt been to boring, most of the time everyone was at work so for the most part we just relaxed (which im not complaining about because it was much, much needed).

Ok so last I left off was Thursday, talking about going to the Ravines and out to Steamboats that night.

Friday we didnt do to much.  Justin's great-uncle passed away while we were down so we did the whole funeral thing and ate and spent time with his family at his Nana's house.  Later that night we went to his sisters house and watched a movie. 

Saturday was the big day!  We got up that morning and went with his sister and her children to the Azalea parade, and walked around the Azalea Festival.  It was nice, they had all kinds of vendors with all kinds of crazy homemade things.  There was this one and it was called a "Redneck Wine Glass."  It was a mason jar and they had attached a glass steam to the bottom so it looked like a wine glass, it was super cute, I wish I would have got one lol.  After that we messed around a bit, went to the house to do some laundry, and watched a movie.  Ok so I know you're wondering why this it the "big day."  Well that night Justin's mom was throwing him a welcome home party, giving him the chance to see all his family on her side, and just hang out with his close friends.  She also had his buddy Gavin coming as a surprise. Gavin is in the same plt as Justin, he lives about an hour away from Justin, so Gavin and his mom came up to the party for a surprise.  Well Justin knew something was up that night so I pretty much told him what to wear and dont make any plans for that night.  We went to his sister's house and rode with her and her husband out to the hunting club where the party was.  The party was a ball, and I loved that it wasnt weird this time because I actually knew his family...yay for not feeling like an outsider haha.  Well we had a good time eating, hanging out, playing beer pong, and flip cup...Justin really had fun, I had to drive home that night because he had him a good ole time haha.  We got back to the house and both passed out lol.

Sunday we slept in a bit, we got up and went riding four wheelers with one of his friends and his girlfriend.  It was fun, and the weather was so nice.  I could ride around all day in the woods with Justin, it was so relaxing.  Luckily this time he wasnt trying to pop wheeleys with me on the back lol, well he tried but I fussed at him and he stopped haha.  Well as we were driving back to the house we decided to go to this place called Clark's Fish Camp for supper.  Justin had been telling me about it and I was so excited to go.  OMG if you are every in the Jacksonville/St. Augustine area you definitely need to eat here.  First lets talk about the place itself.  Well it is an old bait and tackle shop, it is right on the river, and you go inside and it is pretty much a tribute to taxidermy.  They have any animal you could think of stuff and hanging, standing, swinging, ect. on their walls.  Lions, giraffes, monkeys, zebras, you think it they have it.  It sounds weird but it was actually really pretty inside.  Ok so now to the food...mmmmm it was amazing!!!  I went in there wanting to try something different, well I sure did that.  For an appetizer we got fried kangaroo...it was soooo good!  Then for our entree Justin got a steak the size of the plate, it was huge, and I got gator tail.  Justin's steak was probably one the the best I have ever had, and gator tail...yummy!  I would definitely get it again.  This place is amazing because they use only the highest quality food, and it isnt ridiculously priced.  I highly recommend trying this place!  I hate I forgot the camera in the truck because I really wanted to take pics.

Monday we got up really really early.  We took Justin's cousin to the airport.  He is in the Navy and came down for the funeral so we offered to take him.  The plan was to take him to the airport, then go to this mall in Orange Park and go shopping.  Well we did that and then had some time to kill so we went to Denny's for breakfast because I was hungry.  Omg Denny's is soo good, it was my first time eating there and I was very pleased lol.  Well we drove to the mall to see what time it opened, it didnt open til 10 and we still had like an hour so we decided to just go back to the house (an hour drive) and take a nap (we were both really tired because we got up at like 4...ugh not my idea of fun lol).  Well after a wonderful nap, we got up and I started getting ready to go shopping, I was so excited lol.  Justin comes in and tells me to get my duffel bag and pack enough clothes for 2 days.  I asked where we were going but of course he wouldnt say lol.  We hit the road and I had no clue where we could be going.  We started seeing signs for Disney so I asked if we were going there...nope not it.  When we saw a sing for Orlando I asked if we were going to Universal Studios...YES!  Yay that's where we were going, I was so excited because I had never been before!! 


I will continue the Orlando story in my next post, gotta leave you with a little cliff hanger lol.  Until next time ladies!  I hope everyone has a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love yall! <3