So Monday when we arrived in Orlando we rode around a bit trying to find a hotel that wasnt full. Apparently there was a business conference going on so it took us awhile to find one that was vacant. Justin was so sweet, he was very persistent on getting a suite, he wanted to do something nice for me. I told him it didnt matter what kind of room we stayed in, I was just happy to be there. We ended up at Wingate, they didnt have any suites, but they had one room left that had a king sized bed. They guy was nice and gave Justin a lil bit of a military discount, so that was nice. The room was really nice. So we unloaded the truck, then came back down to the lobby to raid those brochure stands they have. I am crazy about brochures, I love just looking at what all is around. Well we were trying to figure out what we were going to do that night for supper, and also look at the one on Universal. We ended going to a dinner show! I have been to the Dixie Stampede 3 times and I love that kind of thing so I was soooo excited! We went and saw Pirates Dinner Adventure. I recommend it to anyone who goes to Orlando, it was fun. When we got there it was cocktail hours and they also served an appetizer buffet. During that time they have an entertainment show, but it also introduced the characters and lead up to the story of what the actual show was about. They show was great, and they did a great job getting the audience involved. I was happy Justin liked it because he isnt much into musical type things. He enjoyed it and was actually yelling and getting all into it, it was so cute lol. After that we went back to the hotel and called it a night. It had been a long day and we had a big day tomorrow!
Tuesday we got up and headed over to Universal. Justin had been to Universal Studios before and was planning on taking me there. We got to looking at the brochure and it had that and also Islands of Adventure in it so we looked at both and decided to go there instead. I was so excited. Justin was laughing at me because he said I looked like a little kid, I couldnt stand still while we was in the elevator. He was also making fun of me because the whole time we were walking through City Walk, and even when we got inside the park all I did was take pictures...of EVERYTHING lol. We started at the Marvel Super Hero Island. I couldnt wait to ride The Hulk! We walked up to it and it wasnt working...I was so bummed. So we decided to just come back to it later. While we were walking we saw Wolverine, I got my picture taken with him. I was holding me pretty tight to I was trying to get Justin to hurry and take the picture lol. Then we continued our journey to Toon Lagoon, we didnt do anything here because most of it was water rides and we didnt want to get wet. Next up, Jurassic Park! Of course I noticed that the torches on the arch werent lit, and Justin made fun of me for saying that lol. We kinda just walked through here also because once again the only ride there that wasnt for kids (and I could have totally rode the kids ride because im short lol) was the water ride. So we pretty must took some pics and headed for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I dont like Harry Potter, never read the books, never watched the movies, so I am clueless when it comes to it. I actually enjoyed this part of the park. We rode the Flight of the Hippogriff, our first ride of the day. The line wasnt to long because everyone was in line to do the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. We had actually splurged a bit and got the express pass so we could skip the lines, so we used it on our first ride. I felt so special walking past all these people waiting lol. After that we went to ride Dragon Challenge, once again using our express pass. This was Justin's very first roller coaster that had loops and twirls, he had only done the basic up and down ones. This one is awesome. Justin was screaming and having a ball, I was so glad he liked it because I still had my eye out on the Hulk and I didnt wanna ride by myself (not saying he would have made me, but still lol). We continued around to The Lost Continent. There isnt much there but shows but we decided to see what Poseidon's Fury was all about. The map wasnt very informative on what exactly it was, but we thought what the heck we'll give it a shot. Once again using our express pass because the line was really long. It was actually pretty neat, other than I was cold inside. The show is kinda hard to explain, you would have to go yourself, but you actually move to different rooms. At one point this door opens up and you walk through this tunnel of water, it was crazy how the water was going so fast and spinning around you instead of getting you all wet. Sorry if that sounds confusing, but like I said you really should check it out yourself. So once we were done with that we decided to hit the last section Seuss Landing and then get some lunch. Suess landing is so cute, and we got on The Cat In The Hat ride. Its a ride that tells the whole Cat in the Hat story. It wasnt really lame, I thought it was cute lol. We decided to hit the Hulk before we ate, yay it was working and one of my favorite rides at the park. We grabbed some pizza and breadsticks (sooo yummy) at the Fantastic 4 Cafe. After lunch we made another round of the park hitting the Spider Man 3D and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Harry Potter was awesome, I screamed a bit during, but it was realy fun. It amazes me how they create those 4D rides. I have seen people talking about the butterbeer so after the ride we got some. It wasnt that bad, really sweet so we actually could have shared because neither of us drank all of it. We ended our day with a funnel cake, then headed back to the hotel to shower and get ready because we decided to go back to City Walk that night.
Yes I am still on Tuesday lol...oh did I mention it was Fat Tuesday...Mardi Gras? We went back to City Walk that night and ate at Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co. I HIGHLY recommend if you have never been there to go! Im not much on shrimp so I got the fried chicken which was amazing. Justin got some shimp and it was really good also. We both added it to our list of best places we have ever ate. After we ate we walked around a bit. We hit Pat O'Brien's and got some more drinks, it wasnt what we thought it was and I felt like dancing so we went to The Groove. There was nothing but older people there and they played some really old music, but we got a drink and then some younger people joined and we danced a bit. After being there for awhile we headed back to the hotel to crash. It was a long but wonderful day.
Some pics from our Orlando experience:
Well thats Orlando, until next time. I hope everyone has a great day!















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the love yall! <3