Sunday, May 22, 2011

VA Trip

So Justin and I had a wonderful couple of days together.  They just never seem long enough.

Anyways....on to the fun of my trip!

So first of all yay for me for not getting another ticket this time...WOOHOO lol.  So Thursday I got up and got all super cute lookin (sure wish I had a pic of my outfit lol *finger snap*).  I hit the road and was VA Beach bound.  When I got to the hotel I was happy that they let me check in before the 4pm check in time.  I unloaded all my stuff from the car and headed up to the room.  Ugh I def need to pack less, especially since I had to haul it all up by myself lol.  So I get up to the room and the door wasnt closed, so I walk in see that there was stuff on the counter, a shirt, trash, ect.  I talk to the girl next door and asked if she knew if it had been cleaned, she said she didnt know but the door was left open so she pulled it closed.  So I went in the room and called to the front desk and asked if it had been cleaned.  I would have been fine with the housekeeping coming and cleaning it, but instead she said that she would move my room.  Ok so at this point our room is on the 3rd floor.  Luckily when im trying to haul my stuff back out of this room, the girl who I had talked to saw me struggling and kindly said she would watch my suitcase while I ran downstairs...thank goodness for nice people.  So we ended up being moved up to the 7th floor...ugh what a pain.  Moving all my stuff around, and the freakin elevator was small, and there was a sign that said that only 3 people can ride it at a time or you will get stuck.  Wow thats just peachy lol.  So I finally get up to our new room, at that time I heard Justin pulling in (his truck is very loud lol).  I feel so bad because he kept calling me during this moving period and I was getting frustrated and I hope I didnt sound rude or anything to him.  Anyways, I get to the new room, had to cut the refrigerator on, and I walk in the bathroom and the tub is full of water...I had to stick my hand in water that I had no clue what had been in it, to pull the stopper so it would drain...um ew lol. Other than that the room wasnt that bad, I mean given the money and what all it had it was ok.  So Justin got there and I went down to take him my keys so we could park my car because the hotel only allows one vehicle per room.  Unfortunately we had to park my car at least 5 blocks down from the hotel which sucked. After Justin parked the car and I drove down and picked him up, we headed back to the room to unpack a bit and relax.  That night we ended up going to Joe's Crab Shack for supper...I was so excited because 1. I had the "eat at Joe's" song in my head and kept singing it the whole car ride there lol, and 2.  I had never had crab before and Justin has been wanting some since we were in Florida.  It was very yummy!!  I highly recommend you eating there if you come across one.  We got a sample platter appetizer which had calamari, crab dip with tortilla chips, and "great balls of fire" which are balls or crab, shrimp, jalapenos, and a couple other things and they were rolled into a ball and deep fried.  OMG everything was amazing!!  For our entee I ordered a salad with strawberry vinaigrette dressing which was so good, ive had raspberry before but never strawberry.  We got a steam pot that had snow crab legs, lobster claws, clams, corn, and potatoes steamed in Samuel Adams beer and Old Bay seasoning.  Justin gave me a great demonstration on how to eat everything lol.  I of course tried everything, I didnt like the lobster as much as the crab legs, and my throat would not allow my to swallow the clams, but everything was good.  I am really glad I tried it, and Justin was def in heaven.  After supper we went to The Pub and hung out with the guys in his team, then headed back to the hotel.  Overall we had a great night.  Friday we got up and Justin cooked breakfast, he was sweet and went across the street and bought eggs, since the ones I brought with other breakfast stuff to cook that morning, got broken in my moving process.  It was so lovely opening up my cooler and finding egg all over everything.  Breakfast was very yummy (thanks baby).  After breakfast we hit the beach!  It was such a nice day out.  The water was freezing though lol.  We just laid there and talked, it was so nice and relaxing.  Oh and Mr. "I Dont Need To Wear Sunscreen" ended up looking like a lobster that night haha.  We chilled on the beach for a bit and then decided to take everything back to the room, get my car keys and walk down to the parking garage so we could renew my parking pass (once again having to do it every day made it very inconvenient).  We walked down the boardwalk just talking, makes me fall even more in love with him when we share moments like that.  After we got to the car we drove around a bit, instead on just going around the block and back in, and explored the other part of the beach that we hadnt been to.  Took the car back and walked back on the boardwalk to the hotel.  That night we went to Dough Boys Pizza...it was pretty good.  Im not much of a wing person, I like boneless, but their buffalo wings were really good!  And the pizza was also really yummy.  I love that we were in walking distance to pretty much anything we would want to do.  After supper we headed back to the hotel, then went out on the beach and watched the sunset.  We had a good time playing with my camera and just walking and talking.  On the way back to the hotel we stopped at the Dairy Queen and got some ice cream.  I cant say how amazing it was that night, it was like something out of a movie.

The only bad thing about our trip was you could hear the wonderful people outside being supper loud Thursday night.  We went to bed around 11 that night and when Justin got up at like 230, thinking it was morning, I told him that I hadnt been to sleep yet.  He was so sweet and rubbed my neck and head until I FINALLY fell asleep.  The next night I told him that instead of sleeping in the bedroom, which was road side, we were sleeping in the living room on the pull out couch, which was beach side...so that got us away from the noise a bit.  Justin was so cute, he pulled out the couch bed and laid on it, and it was lumpy so he went and got the mattress of the bed and put it on top of the lumpy couch bed mattress lol.  That night was much better, well other than having to get up at 430 that morning.  If we stay at that hotel again I will def be sleeping in the living room again.

We had a wonderful trip, he is so amazing I really dont know how I got so lucky.

Im going to once again leave you with some pics from the trip, I might use others in a Wordless Wednesday post, and also look out Tuesday for my recipe for "Cheesecake Bars" in my Tummy Yummy Tuesday post.

At Joe's Crab Shack

This was a sticker on the table, it made me laugh lol

Throwing down with my bib on haha

Justin and his "Redneck Flip Flops" lol :p

My handsome boy on the beach

Sure do love him <3



Idk why but I love this pic :)






I hope everyone had a great weekend!!  :)

2 comments:

  1. You guys are SUCH a beautiful couple, seriously! The "redneck flip-flops" made me laugh like you wouldn't believe! hahahaha. Oh, and I'm pretty hungry and reading about all the amazing food was torture. ha! I actually love clams, by the way, but I guess the chewiness is a little off-putting. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute couple! Sounds like a great time =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love yall! <3