Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Some Venting

Ok so my brother is getting married at the end of August.  He had only been with his gf like a month before they got engaged.  I pretty much think he is stupid and he shouldnt rush into things.  He is a Marine, same plt as Justin, and this is not the type of lifestyle you rush into.  I mean seriously.  The way I see it, if you want to be together now...you will feel the same in a few months.  I think they should at least wait until after he goes through the whole PCS process, that would be the smart thing.  My brother is the type that when he gets an idea in his head, you cant tell him anything.  I tried to tell him the last time he got engaged, but of course he wouldnt listen, had to find out the hard way.  Usually when he dates a girl he talks to me about it and gets my opinion of her because he knows if I dont like her I WONT be nice.  He didnt this time and it kinda pisses me off.  Before Brandon started dating this girl, she was friends with my cousin...well I didnt like her then. I thot she was stuck up, that hasnt changed...I still dont like her.  She just doesnt try to make an effort to get to know people, and she def hasnt impressed me.  Personally, and I will say this to my brother with her standing right beside her, I think he could do better than her.  I will not introduce her to the gf's/wives that I know of the guys in the plt.  1.  I know how these girls are, and im pretty sure they will get the same impression and think she is stuck up.  And 2. I dont see her actually making an effort to talk to them and all that.  If she moves with him when he gets restationed I see her being all alone with nobody to talk to.  Another thing that pisses me off...yes she has had some drama with my cousin since her and my brother is getting married 2 weeks before my cousin, which is kinda understandable in some ways, but my aunt was nice enough to throw her a shower despite everything...making sure it was nice for her.  My aunt had it at her house, prepared the food, made centerpieces, and gave her many wedding gifts....and yet this girls mom walks out the door when it was over and didnt tell anybody thank you.  I was pissed.  Oh and another thing, the florist told my mom that SHE is responsible for paying for ALL of the flowers.  Um excuse me!!!  I have never in my life, and in my Wedding and Event Planning course, seen where it says that the grooms family is responsible for the flowers.  Yes they do pay for a few of them, but not all of them.  I was livid!!!  It better work out to my mom and her mom splitting it, or else I will pitch a fit.  My mom better be glad I wasnt with her at the florist that day or I would have def said something.  Oh and course they pick the most expensive flowers...God forbid that.  Oh and miss thang is gonna make a smart comment at me one day...little girl I am the last person you wanna talk that way too!!

I really hope I dont sound like a biotch, but I am just so frustrated with all of this.  Im sick of hearing about it and im ready for it to be over with.  Yall just need to meet this girl and you will see what I mean.  All I have to say, is I hope it works out and I dont have to say "I told you so" (as the Carrie Underwood song enters my head haha).  Oh and I know its not my wedding, but I am also pissed at how ugly the bridesmaids dresses are, they look like something my mom wore to prom.  Oh and I forgot to mention that this isnt her wedding, its her mom and aunts...they have been making all the decisions because she doesnt know how to make up her mind.

I am sorry for this rant.  I would love to hear your opinions of this situation, what you think, what I should do. Oh and yes I do act nice to her, but im not all bff's.  Anyways, thanks for listening to me talk like a crazy person haha.  I hope everyone had a great day!!



1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm your newest follower. :)

    I completely agree with you. This is definitely not a lifestyle that everyone can handle, nor can you rush into it. Sadly, I think it happens a lot especially with military and even worse, the divorce rate is so high!

    And that was completely rude of her mother! The LEAST she could have done was helped clean-up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love yall! <3