Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

I know I posted the other day about Memorial Day (you can read that post here) but I just wanted to have a small post on this day.

I am so thankful for all of those men and women who have given their lives defending our freedom.  On that note, I am blessed to say that so far Justin hasnt been in the situation where he has lost friends fighting this fight.  He hasnt been deployed to Afgan or anywhere like that...yet.  It is coming, coming soon, and it scares the crap out of me.  We have been blessed so far.  But on another hand...one that breaks my heart, there is this guy who lived at the apartment complex my dad works at who recently got his wings.  Im not sure of his rank, he was at least a Sgt probably higher.  He recently got married and toward the end of this year he would be done with his tour.  He was sent to Afgan a few months ago, and two weeks into his deployment he was killed.  It breaks my heart that he was so close to getting out, and he leaves behind his newly wed wife.  My heart went out to her and his family when I heard about it.  Please let us take the time to remember him and all the others this Memorial Day.

Here are a few pics I found online that makes me remember the true meaning of Memorial Day.  I hope it does the same for you.





I hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love yall! <3