Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Hotel Tips

So here I am...like 5 days from when I go to VA again to see Justin...looking for a hotel.  I swear by the end of this I will be a hotel expert.  But I have gained some knowledge, and I thought I might share it with you.

Ok so some of my wonderful bloggy loves tipped me off about priceline.  I have found great deals one there, but actually if you go to google, type in where you want to go...for example I typed in "oceanfront hotels Virginia Beach" and then when it comes up click on the map.  If you look at the list of hotels it actually shows prices for you, if you click on that, it shows different websites that have that rate, and it will also show a price with the taxes included.  I hope that wasnt confusing I took some pics to help so you not be confused lol.  The hotel I actually booked today was featured on priceline, but there are plenty of other sites that have just a great discounts.  When you see a discount make sure you really look at it though.  Most of the time that price may be for one of the lesser rooms, that isnt oceanfront, so make sure you check it out.  Like the one I looked at said $64, but that was only for a room that was street side, it was $84 for oceanfront...so really take the time to look at different prices and hotels, and also go on their main website to check out the rooms and amenities and all.

you can see the prices on the right, very helpful :)


just click on the price and the box will drop down and
 you can compare between the site that offer that price


Dang I sound like a commercial haha.  But I want everyone to make sure they dont get screwed.  I am a very ditzy person at times, but I have grown very knowledgeable ever since the first trip up there.  I have learned a lot about finding hotels.  Also watch out for the nightly rates, most of the places I looked at was one price for Thursday night, but jumped up for Friday night. Luckily priceline was a doll and it was the same price for both.  Yay.  Wow im so proud of myself lol, I have come a long way!  Im sure by time this RFDF thingy is over I am going to do my hotel reviews for the hotels in Virginia Beach haha.  So far the Capes Hotel was wonderful, but of course I found a better rate this time so I went with that one and we will be staying Palm Grove hotel this time.  It looked nice and the reviews werent to bad, cross your fingers that its not really a dump lol.  Oh and thats another thing, check the reviews!!!  If they are old, I wouldnt trust them as much as if they were recent, things could change so you may want to take the risk for yourself.

Well hopefully I was helpful and not to boring, just trying to be helpful.  Oh and if anyone has stayed anywhere in VA Beach and you want to make a suggestion feel free, I may end up booking there for next time!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!



3 comments:

  1. Did you try name your own price on priceline? You can get 5 star hotels for under 100 bucks. But I am glad you found this system :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tips! I am always scared to use priceline though, cause don't you have to pay first & then afterwards your hotel is picked for you by them?? That scares me haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to remember the name of the place Casey and I stayed at when we were there before he deployed. It was beautiful place. It was actually timeshare suites that they rented out as hotel rooms during the "off times." We had a kitchen and bar and living room and separate bedroom and jacuzzi tub. The outside of the place didn't do it justice though. It was an older building but the room was spectacular. I will have to ask Case what it was called. Glad you got a good deal and thanks for the tips! Have fun and I really hope you have good weather! It was cold when I was there!! :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love yall! <3