Friday, May 6, 2011

MilSpouse Appreciation Day



I know technically im not a milspouse, but I feel like ive have earned the right to be considered one.  No I dont have a ring or his last name, but I have been though just as much stuff as any wife has.  Ive been through 2 deployments, carried my phone around with me everywhere I went, I know what loneliness feels like.  I consider myself one.  Idk what any of you think about it since im a "girlfriend" but ive been by his side for almost 2 years, I think ive earned the title.  Im not trying to insult anyone or anything, I just feel like I should enjoy this day right along with you.

On the other hand I want to say how thankful I am to have such an amazing support system.  I have the most amazing girls in my life who I know actually understand what im going through.  They are my shoulder to lean on during the hard times.  It amazes me how we may have never met in person, live millions of miles away from each other, and yet we can talk about any and everything.  We open up to each other faster than we do to any other person who may live 2 miles away.  We are united by a special bond, a bond that cant be broken.  We are strong women, when GOD created us he made us special, he made us strong, he made us to where we can love someone so much that distance and time doesnt matter, most girls couldnt handle what we go through.

Ladies thank you for everything you do.  Thank you for supporting me and the other Milspouses, and also for supporting your men.  You girls are so amazing.  I hope everyone enjoyed their day.

Semper Fi  <3

4 comments:

  1. TOTALLY LOVED this post!!!!!!!! Thanks for such a sweet msg. I totally think you have earned the right.. I have been with my marine for about 2 years as well though I don't have a ring "yet" ;) I feel like I'm a milspouse anyway.
    and we ARE strong women we are different GOd made us perfect for our marines because they need a strong women to "watch their six"...
    Thanks for sharing
    Semper Fi, Amber joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you and Amber! I've been with my Marine 3 years and think I deserve to be treated like a milspouse! Yesterday should (and probably was to most) a celebration of the milifamily whether girlfriend, boyfriend, best friend supporting, or close family. We're all awesome! I love being a part of this support system :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *should have been (oops, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Exactly what I was thinking... like "hey, what about me?" Hope you enjoyed your day and God Bless your sweetie in uniform :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love yall! <3