Wednesday, September 28, 2011

How Would You Do This?

Last time I posted I told yall about me moving.  This weekend Justin and I are planning on really getting all the details down.  I told my cousin yesterday, she's my boss, and she looked like she was about to cry.  I didnt give her a date yet, just that I planned on being moved to Jax by the end of the month.  I looked at my calendar today and If I put in my 2 weeks Monday, the 14th will be my last day.  Justin wants me moved there yesterday, but I told him I wanted to be professional about it and not leave her high and dry...especially since someone called last night a quit (great job woman, not even a 24 hours notice).

So I am trying to figure out how to tell my parents, I know they arent going to be happy and will probably say I cant move, but I am 24 years old and I am old enough to do what I want.  I need your advice on how to tell them because I just cant think of the right way to do it.  I mean I am only moving out until Justin leaves sometime in March so its not like its permanent just yet.  I want to tell them after Justin and I figure out everything this weekend so I can answer all their questions.  So should I tell them both together, or separate and wait for them to talk to me together...ahhh I just dont know what to do!  Please help!

I am excited about this, and I am going to move some of my clothes this weekend.  I feel like this change will be good, and I believe it will help my relationship with my parents.  They supported my brother with all the things he was doing when they didnt want it to happen, I just hope they can do me also...its only fair.  If any of yall have any advice I sure would love to hear it.  I hope yall have a great day :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok girl, here's my advice. Talk to your parents together, and have Justin on speakerphone at the time if at all possible. That way they know that you guys are united in this decision. BE moved in with me before he left for Officer Training School before we were married and my parents weren't too keen on the idea at first. We both sat down and talked to them and once they saw that it wasn't just me being a day-dreamy, love-struck girl and we really had a plan for our future, they became supportive. Just try to present facts, not argue. Hope it works out!!! Also, since you have inspired me since I've "known" you, I have given you a little something - check out my post :) http://acreedandapsalm.blogspot.com/2011/09/cream-of-crop.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love yall! <3