Monday, September 19, 2011

Camp Lejeune

Well as you all know Justin is in Jacksonville, at Camp Lejeune.  He is still doing the settling thing, the unit has been doing some training and they wont be back until Friday, so he hasnt been placed into a Plt yet...he is just kinda chilling out until then.

Right before our nice long leave ended he told me that one of the guys he went to boot camp with, also from Florida (only a couple hours away from where Justin is from), who was at MEPS with him...all that good stuff, this guy is also stationed at Lejeune.  Oh I forgot to mention that this guy also has the same last name as Justin lol...yeah all kinds of crazy going on there.  Well Justin has kept in touch with him over time since boot camp, and they really got to talking when Justin told him he was going to Lejeune.  He got Justin all excited about being there, and Justin has enjoyed catching up with him since he has been there.  I am so glad to see him happy and not dreading it like he kinda was before he left VA.

This coming weekend I am going to Jacksonville to spend time with Justin, and also meet this guy Franklin and his wife.  From how Justin talks about him he reminds me so much of Justin.  They have this crazy bond that most people only have with family.  I am kinda nervous...I get kinda shy meeting people for the first time. And on top of things Franklin's wife Kate is also a Marine.  No offense to my female Marine bloggy loves, but female Marines scare me because I know they can whoop my booty haha.  I just hope me and her have things in common and it isnt all weird ya know.  I just hope we have something to talk about.  They seem nice though, they are always inviting Justin over for dinner and to hang out...I am happy to know he is getting taken care of.  They have been sweet and told Justin that whenever I come in town we are more than welcome to stay in their guest bedroom.  I dont think I wont like them, like I said I am just shy at first when I meet new people.

Of course I will blog about my Jacksonville adventure when I get back.  And also look forward to a special post tomorrow.  I am taking a break for a couple days on my Florida post, I will get back to it later this week.  And tomorrows post will also include my weekend...you understand why I waited when you read tomorrows post.

Well I hope everyone has a great day, sorry if this post was random and boring lol :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww you'll have fun! Lejeune was my husband's first duty station, and I visited him down there for about 2 years while we were dating... then we got married and I moved down with him! If you go out to dinner, Shogun's is pretty awesome (and fairly priced). It's a hibachi bar and they put on a good show on the stove top! Where are you staying?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love yall! <3