This weekend I drove to Jacksonville to spend time with Justin. We stayed at one of his buddies from boot camp's house. I was nervous about meeting them, just because I hope we would get along.
Friday of course I had to work, I got off at 6 and left straight from there. I made it there around 9, so the drive wasnt to long. I got there and Frank and Kate we're both super nice. And as kinda scared as I was about her being a Female Marine...she was actually really nice and not so scary haha. We all talked for a bit and then headed off to bed.
The next morning we got up and sat around the house for a bit. Kate and I had both went to take showers and start getting ready. When I was putting on my make up Justin came in and said we were going somewhere but it was a surprise. Kate and I got to talking when they werent in the room and we had an idea of where this place is. Turns out our guess was right lol. The weekend was so rainy so I am glad we found something to do...what is that? The guys took us to Myrtle Beach! We went to the Bass Pro Shop and then we headed to Calabash for the buffet before heading back to the house. It was a fun day, it gave us all the chance to really get to know each other...I mean hello we spent a grand total of 6 hours in the car together, we couldnt just sit there and stare at the road haha. When we got back to the house the guys started a fire in the back yard since it had stopped raining for a bit, then we hit the sheets.
Sunday I planned on leaving around 5 to go back home...then I got to talking to Justin and decided to just leave the next day. Kate had gotten a super cute bow and the BPS so we went outside (in the rain lol) that morning and watched her shoot...she did pretty well for her first time using it. Justin and Frank were looking on Craigslist that morning and saw a bow Justin wanted. So we decided to go to Dicks, and then head up to Greenville (home of the ECU Pirates btw lol) so Justin could look at it. This gave us another chance to get to know each other, being trapped in the car again for a grand total of 4 hours lol. By time we got back it was dark and late so Justin didnt get to shoot it, but I talked to him today and he said he did after work. Now I am the only one without a bow...I need a toy to play with lol.
We didnt do to much this weekend, but it was nice getting to know them...and I am glad they liked me. Speaking of them liking me, Kate and I were sitting on the couch talking...the boys were in the man cave. Kate asked me if Justin had talked to me...I asked about what? She said that Frank and Justin were talking about Justin keeping his room in the barracks, since he isnt married and cant technically live off base, and living there in their spare room. Also they said that I should move there too. I told her he hadnt said anything, we really hadnt had time to talk. That night when we were laying down in bed he started talking about it. I told him of course I would wanna be able to see him everyday. He said he thought this would be a good next step for us, and I agree. So...and I havent told my parent yet, but I am planning on being moved to Jacksonville by the end of October. I mean I know he has training coming up, and he deploys in March sometime...but I want as much time with him as I can get. Im not moving completely in, mostly just my clothes so its not like its gonna be a lot of stress. Plus Justin and I were talking about it, I dont really pay for anything but my gas to go to work and back. I would move in and help keep the house clean, and work on my schooling...getting it finished. Justin said he doesnt see a point of me working so I can go home anytime I want, which I dont mind...but I also want to contribute so idk what is going to happen with that. But at least at first I can help out around the house, cooking and cleaning. We are still working out details, and I really have a feeling my parents are going to try to tell me I cant...but I am old enough to make my own decisions. And if they try to fight it I can always just pack my stuff and leave while they are at work. If they are smart they will be nice about it so they could come visit me, and me not be all rude and not tell them where I am living. I hate having to quit my job because I enjoy working with the kids and of course my cousin, but I feel like this is something that would be good not only for Justin and I, but also myself...being more independent. Plus I dont always get along with my parents, so time away could very well help with our relationship.
I am excited, and nervous about this. Hopefully everything works out. Have a great night everyone :)
Monday, September 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














This is definitely a huge step. I sure hope it works out! Good luck with it all!!!
ReplyDeleteBig step girlie! I think you and only you know whats best for you and Justin. Good luck with your parents :) Everything will work out! Happy for you!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Check out my blog since I nominated you for an award! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope everything works out with the move. It would be nice for you to finally see him everyday. You can always remind your parents it's just temporary & you will be coming back, I'm sure that will ease their mind. Plus, you'll be finishing up school, what parent wouldn't want that? I'd def push on the school thing with them for a good argument. Good luck XO
ReplyDeleteThat sounds so exciting! and I've read you next post about telling your parents, I am glad they took it well. That's exciting and a good step for you and Justin!! :) So happy for you girly!
ReplyDelete