I am strong
I am strong
I am strongI Stephanie am a strong woman.
Some days it is hard, this life...
Years ago, if you told me that I would be here...in this situation, living this life...I probably would have called you crazy.
So I didnt really date until after high school, I looked totally different than I do now, plus I was extremely shy and quite. Through the years I have dated a few guys, Justin is my 4th boyfriend. Before Justin...I was very different, I let guys walk all over me...control me, I was so eager to please I didnt let it get to me. I didnt realize that I deserved way much better. I was a weak person. Being with Justin has made me strong. I told him when we first started talking that I was doing this relationship different...I wasnt gonna be walked all over and treated bad, I was gonna make sure I was actually happy.
In our relationship, we have had to get past alot of obstacles. Distance, such as not seeing each other everyday. Other relationships the guy lived here so I saw him everyday. With Justin I cant do that. That has been a challenge but also a positive asset to our relationship. Why you may ask, well because we have actually had to talk to each other, we have had to really get to know each other...if there is no communication we have no relationship. We have taken things slow, taking that time to smell the roses and not just walk on past them. Before that never really happened. Time, when we are together we are limited on the time we have, whether it be the time before seeing each other, the time he is here, the time he is here before deployment, and then the amount of time he is deployed. From day one we have made the best of the time we do have with each other, we cherish each moment we are together. Trust, we have both had bad past relationships. Trust has been broken and with each other we had to work extra hard to build it up and show each other that we can trust the other person. We do trust each other, it was a hard road to get to that point, but now that we are there it is bittersweet. Deployment, the biggest obstacle. This combines all of the others I mentioned...there is distance between us, we go a long period of time without seeing each other, we do have to trust that the other will be faithful and stay committed. I have no doubts that we will make it, we've made it through one deployment and we are halfway through this one and we are still going strong. Yes we have arguments but we talk about it and move past it.
All of this has made me to the woman I am today...I am proud to say I am a strong and proud Marine girlfriend. I am thankful for my baby, I wouldnt change anything for the world. Some days are hard, and all I want to do is cry, but even through the tears I know that I am strong...those tears arent a sign of weakness, they are tear of happiness, happiness from having someone so amazing who I love and who loves me. Happiness that I have someone to miss. I am truly blessed. I am the luckiest girl in this world. So whenever you feel down, and things just arent going right...look in the mirror and remind yourself about how strong you are. Us Marine girlfriends/wives are a rare breed, we are made to handle things that most girls couldnt. I am proud to say I am Semper Fi and always will be!!
I love you baby soooo much <3















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the love yall! <3