So what's with my post title, you may ask? Well that is actual my dear friend, Tricia and her husband's blog. Please be sure to head over and check it out (click here), she hasn't been blogging long, but I want to help get her story out.
Tricia's husband, Dawson was deployed with Justin and she was one of the sweet girls who helped keep me sane during the deployment lol. While Dawson was deployed she had to have one of her ovaries removed. I remember going to her house after this and seeing a jar made by one of her friends that said "Bum Ovary Fund." I thought it was cute and very sweet idea to put any loose change in to start collecting, but also it broke my heart because I knew how much she wanted children. I know it was even harder to deal with having to go through that without her husband being here. A couple months ago she had to have her other ovary removed. Thankfully her husband was here for this surgery and she had that support to lean on. They have now started the process of adopting a child, and have been approved for the adoption program! Exciting yes, but also stressful....this process gets pretty pricey, in order to cover all the cost they need $30,000. They have started a adoption fund where you can go and donate money to help their cause. Of course we all know how the salaries are being in the military, so they have started working on getting donations and having fundraisers to help make their dream of having a child come true. Please help me spread the word and get her story out there. I'm not gonna post her whole story, I do recommend you heading over and read her post for yourself just so you can see more of her story, and also follow her journey. Following her blog has def made me see how if you want something bad enough, and you pray about it, your prayer will be answered. You don't have to donate hundreds of dollars, just a few dollars will make a difference. Also if her blog touches your heart, please feel free to post about it to help get the word out. Feel free to grab the button and post it on your page!! I know us MilSpouse Bloggers are good about sticking together and helping each other out, and that is what I love about the blogging community. I know Tricia and Dawson will appreciate any help you can give them, and I want to thank you as well. If you do post about this, or grab the button, anything related to this cause, please leave me a comment with your blogs URL, or the posts URL. Also let me know if I don't follow you so I can do so! Thank you all so much for everything! I hope you all have a great start to the week! :)
















If you want, pass on this blog to her... http://thegollaschsadoption.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteShe is an Army wife that just adopted a beautiful baby boy. It may give her some fundraising ideas or I am sure Ashley would not mind if she emailed her with questions!