Yes I have been a total slacker once again, and didn't even post for Wedding Wednesday. This week I may do a doubled up post. To my defense I was very busy last Wednesday, and I kinda had writers block trying to figure out what the heck to post about.
So lets go back to last Wednesday...my whole day was spent filling out MyCAA stuff, writing and essay and filling out an application for school. Yes you heard right, I am trying to go back to school. That whole day I was doing that and emailing back a lady from the school with questions. Bless her heart she was so nice and patient with me sending her a million emails trying to get everything situated. Thankfully today I sent over my transcripts, which is such a pain! I'm not sure about you, but I had to go through an act of congress to get my darn high school transcripts! But that is over (thank goodness) and I emailed them this morning and she said I was all set. Right now I am just waiting for my acceptance letter, which I should hear something this week. I dont wanna count my chickens before they hatched, so I am waiting for that actual letter to get excited about getting in. Justin is so excited about me going back to school. Once I hear something I will do an official post with more details.
So the title of this post....let me start off saying how last week it was in the 80's and it was so nice outside. Friday it rained most of the day, but that wasnt a big deal. We had quiet a few friends come in this weekend from out of town, one was a couple and their son who use to be stationed here, and the other were a couple of our friends girlfriends. We all went out for supper, and it was nice catching up with everyone. Saturday is the day we were all excited about. At the beach on base they have these cute little cabin thingys that you can rent, and that is where our friends were staying. We had plans to cook out and go to the beach. Well we still did that....but omg it was cold!! We def were wishing it was Summer, instead of us huddled in sweatshirts on the beach. My crazy husband decided he wanted a skim board, so he got one and was in the freezing ocean. Hey at least he had fun, but geez it was to cold for that. Honestly if the wind wasnt blowing it would have been nicer.
We had a great time spending time with everyone again, and had sooo much food! Oh and this is such a small world. We were all hanging out, the girls being smart and staying warm talking inside lol, well next thing this couple came in. They use to be stationed here in our platoon, and were in for the weekend. Which worked out with the other friends who knew them being here for the weekend also. I noticed the girl, she looked so familiar. Then our friend introduced us and her name was Dani. The wheels got to turning lol. In my head I started debating on asking her because I didn't want to sound lame lol, then I worked up the courage and asked if she blogged, she responded with yes. How small is this world where you bump into a fellow Mil Spouse blogger, it was Dani from Hard Corps Love and her newest blog Creative Spoonful! She is so adorable and so sweet! Saturday was def a great night!
Sunday we went with our two friends to the Azalea Festival in Wilmington. It was fun, and I was glad the weather was a little bit warmer that Saturday. It was still kinda chilly though. My favorite part...the Little River wine tasting bus! Not gonna lie, as fast as we were going through the tasting of the different wines, I was feeling pretty good when we got done lol. I don't drink fast, so I am rarely tipsy, but by the time he poured our glass, and I was taking my time trying to taste it and not just do it like a shot, he was ready to pour the next. It was nice because I found some new wine that I love. If you are looking for some new wine def go to the website and check them out. My favorites, in random order were the Niagara, Riesling, and their other brand Crawdad Creek all of those were amazing. They have Blueberry, Pineapple and my favorite and the one my loving husband bought me a bottle of, the Peach! The bottles aren't to expensive, and they are a winery from here in good ole North Carolina. This was pretty much our first stop when we got to the festival, and after this we may or may not hit up the other wine tasting booths that were there, which me and my friend Cassie enjoyed lol. Justin and his friend Matt actually taster beer jelly which was interesting, but they said it was good. And of course they enjoyed tasting the wines also lol. After the festival we went to Front Street Brewery to eat and they have amazing food. I def recommend it!
We had a busy but fun weekend! Of course it would have been even better if the weather was nice and I could have got my tan on lol. Thankfully Justin bought us some beach chairs so I will def be doing some backyard tanning this week! I hope everyone else had a great weekend, and your week is staring off fabulous!















Hi Stephanie! It was awesome meeting you this weekend... I'm so glad you DID ask me about blogging! Instant blogger-friend connection! Hope to see more of you when we move down in a few months!
ReplyDelete