Friday, November 4, 2011

Military SO's

image from google

Has any of you seen Jason Aldean's new video Tattoos On This Town?  If you havent you need to watch it, whether you like country music or not.  This video is about a Marine.  Im not sure about any of you other SO's, but being around Justin has gotten to to pay attention and see if they did some of the stuff right.  This video was good, the only thing I saw wrong was his hair cut.   He was all fuzzy and didnt have a regulation hair cut, but thats ok...I wouldnt blame him for not cutting his hair.  At least he didnt have a surfer shag trying to act like a Marine lol.  Sorry I am rambling lol...I will get to the point of this post.

The way they portrayed a Military SO was spot on.  Watching this video today for the first time all the way through, I really noticed that.  I was amazed at how they showed how we see things differently than civilian SO's.  Like when she was watching the fireworks...You could see that since of pride in her eyes, but also she couldnt help but here the fireworks exploding and think about the situation her husband is in.  I love how it went back and forth from the fire works, to a gun fight...I mean seriously thats what we think about.  I am blessed to day Justin hasnt been in that situation yet, but that doesnt mean it isnt coming...he is in Infantry...thats what they do.  This video broke my heart, I cried both times I have seen it today...but I love it.

Please if you havent seen this video, watch it.  It really makes you appreciate things.  I hope everyone has a great weekend.  I cant wait for Justin and I to take our pics tomorrow and hopefully I share a few with you Monday.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god.

    I've heard the song but never seen the video.

    1. It is like the only song ever I have heard my name in. Or seen in a music video!
    2. Marine wife
    3. Did not expect the video to go all the way where it did and it honesty made me cry! I'll never hear that song the same way again.

    Thanks for sharing though. New perspective definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO! I am a new follower of your blog <3 This made me cry and I reposted it lol

    Being in a relationship with someone in the military is hard...really really hard but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I just came across your blog and started following. I am new to the military girlfriend thing and just started blogging about it. I look forward to reading more! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love yall! <3