Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Got Leftover Turkey?

Do you have leftover turkey from Thanksgiving still taking up space in the fridge?  Wanna use it so it doesnt go bad and become a waste?  I have the perfect recipe I made last night.  Turkey Pot Pie with a Biscuit Crust!!  I kinda came up with it by looking through the pantry and seeing what we had...it turned out to be a success!!

What do you need?

Turkey pulled apart
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can Chicken Broth
4 or 5 Potatoes
1 Carrot
1 Celery Stalk
1 Can of Biscuits

First of all  preheat your oven to 350.  Then you need to dice up your potatoes, carrots and celery.  In a pot go ahead and boil your potatoes be sure to add salt and oil to the water.  Once your potatoes are fork tender, remove from heat drain in a colander and set them aside.  In a skillet add a bit of oil to coat the pan and saute your carrots and celery with some salt and pepper, until they are tender.  In the pot you cooked your potatoes in pour in your cream of chicken soup and slowly whisk in your chicken broth until it is the desired thickness or thinness.  Remember the sauce wont thicken up to much when you put it in the oven.  Let it simmer for a few mins.  Now add in your turkey, potatoes, carrots and celery and stir into the sauce.  Then pour into a casserole dish sprinkle with salt and pepper on top, dont worry about stiring.  Now top it with the biscuits and place in the oven.  I didnt time how long it was in there...just when the biscuits are golden brown its done.  Serve immediately.

I prepped everything earlier that day so all I had to do was throw it together, you can do the same or make it all right then, whatever is good for you.  Let me know if you try it, it turned out way better than I had planned so I was very happy.  Have a great day ladies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love yall! <3