This time I am going to post about the Jewelry Holder I made. When I moved and unpacked I had jewelry everywhere, it was insane. So I ventured to good ole Pinterest and found a few ideas. After finding everything I needed for it I am very happy with how it turned out.
First of all I found a wooden box at Kmart for about $6
Hooks at Dollar General for $1
Spray paint at Home Depot for $2
And I used one of Justin's mesh laundry bags, and some black spray paint, and sandpaper we had laying around...so those were Free
I am happy to get off only spending about $10...Score for me :)
First I sanded down the box with the sandpaper, just lightly. Them I sprayed a coat of the paint, no need to prime because I wanted the rustic look to it. This wood absorbed the paint really fast so I just kept spraying the spots that took better. Some spots I left where you could kinda see the wood just for the effect. After the paint dried I sanded down a few places just for effect. Next I cut the mesh bag to fit the inside of the box, and then sprayed it black. Then I hot glued it to the inside of the box. Now to assemble the hooks. I made 2 rows of them, but staggered them. For the hook that hangs it on the wall I used the tab from an empty can and some hot glue...something I also saw on Pinterest and it worked great! Last just put your necklaces on the hooks, and hang your earrings on the mesh.
Before
Wooden Decorative Box
One more time lol
After
Mesh bag holding my earrings, rings just setting on the bottom
My necklaces :)
For my bangles, I simply peeled the labels off a glass bottle that I had got at the gas station, when I was craving Sunkist lol. I just stacked them up however they fit from top to bottom...that project maybe cost a dollar and some change :)
Last I posted a week or two ago about the nightstand I made (click here for a refresher lol)...well I have some better looking pics of it now. The table decor isnt anything special...I am still deciding what I want to do with it, but it will work for now.
I love my Jolly Rancher candles :)
I found a basket to give it the "drawer" effect
Do you have any DIY projects going on? Id love to see them! I cant wait to finish my other one for my bathroom and start on my next ones...lets just say I am going to get my sewing on for the upcoming ones lol. I hope everyone has a great day...dont forget to check out my song pick for the link up with Goodnight moon, oh and dont forget to link up yourself :)























Great job lady! They all turned out great, I would love to start some DIY projects. Gotta love pinterest.
ReplyDelete