Happy hump day! Did the camel commercial just pop in your head? Lol it does mine every time Wednesday comes around haha. So we are half way through this week, and thankfully Justin has a 96 this weekend for Labor Day! I am excited about our plans, I finally get to share some of my childhood adventures with him...well adventures that happened on this side of the state that I cant show him back home. Friday we plan on taking a day trip to Carolina Beach/Kure Beach/Fort Fisher (they are all right there on the same island, for those who dont know the area.)
When I was little we use to go on vacation with my entire family to Kure Beach. We stayed at a hotel walking distance from the pier. Well we wont be staying there, just making a day trip out of it...but I will give Justin the grand tour lol. While we are there we plan on going to Fort Fisher and going to the aquarium, and right down the road from there, at the end of the island is a spot where we would go look for sand dollars when we were little. Fingers crossed it will be low tide so we can actually venture out, since high tide it is nothing but water. I also plan on taking him to the boardwalk to go to Britts doughnuts! This was always a must when I was little, we didnt leave the beach with out going at least once lol. I have been telling Justin about it, along with my family...and they will be closing soon until next year, so I def wanted to go before they do. Especially since we wont be here next year when they open back up. I am so excited, I havent been there in years!! Plus Justin had never had a hot doughnut until I took him to Krispy Kreme a few weeks ago when he came in town for the wedding...he told me he would never buy one doughnut again because it was so good lol. I know he is going to love Britts!! Def one of North Carolina's best kept secrets.
Not sure what else the weekend has planned for us, but Friday def needs to hurry! What are your plans for the weekend? Labor Day just makes me think how summer is coming to an end and fall will be here shortly. I have already started my fall decorating, and I am excited about warm weather food lol.
Happy Wednesday everyone, I hope you have a great day! Oooh I still need to share my shrimp recipe from this past weekend, and also my super cute and easy fall centerpiece with you. Look forward to those post to come! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the love yall! <3