Thursday, August 22, 2013

Coupon Adventure

Today I had my first coupon adventure, and I think I did pretty well!  I have tried couponing in the past, but it was just using one coupon here and there.  I would clip them, but would forget to take them with me.  Plus I wasn't very sure how everything worked.  Then I got to the point where I kept forgetting to get the Sunday Paper.

Slowly I have tried to get back into it, I actually have been big on requesting free samples and even have emailed manufactures requesting coupons.  I have a few that sent me some and they are good through December!  All you have to do is go to their website, it's so easy.  Some have a place where you can contact them on the website, others you can just email them.  I am not taking credit for this at all.  I found this amazing blog post on Pinterest that has a whole list of manufactures you can email.  It's a huge list and I haven't made it through the whole thing, but I am happy with the coupons I have gotten.  And they dont just send you one, the ones I have gotten had like 3 or 4 coupons!  Score!!  If you want to check it out the list click here.

Sunday I actually took some time, maybe 30 mins to an hour, and clipped coupons and went through the sales papers.  I clipped only the coupons I would use, and then compared them to the sales papers to see what deals I could get.  The one that stood out where I could get the best deals was CVS.  I have heard a few people say how great they are.  Not only do they take coupons, but they also have a rewards program where you earn cash just for shopping, and then you can use that for money off on your next purchase.

So looking through the paper and my coupons a couple things stuck out to me...Wisk laundry detergent and L'Oreal shampoo and conditioner.  On my little adventure the Wisk was on sale Buy 1 Get 1 Free, regularly priced $8.99 and I had a $1 coupon.  So I got 2 bottles of laundry detergent for $7.99!!  Next the L'Oreal was on sale for $3.99 each and I had a coupon for $3 off of 2, which works because I wouldn't buy just shampoo...or just conditioner.  With my coupon I got one bottle for $3.99 and the other for $.99!!  Then walking the isles I saw they had a cute little bottle of Gain dish detergent on sale for $.99 and I picked that up for a gift basket I am making (that post will come tomorrow!).  Altogether I spent $15.17 and my grand total of savings was $15.67.  
Whoop whoop go me!
I think my first real couponing adventure was a success.  I know once I get more into it, my savings will get better!  I can't wait to share more of my adventures with you!  Oh and check me out...two post in one day!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love yall! <3