Sunday, March 17, 2013

Hello Blogging World

Wow it has def been awhile, my fault of course.  I just have had the worst writers block.  Let's do some catching up!

So Justin is home from deployment, got back right before Christmas.  It was nice spending our second Christmas together, and this one was just us 2.  We couldnt go visit family because I had to work the day before and after Christmas...so Jacksonville we stayed.  I was super awesome and made us a full Christmas dinner with all the fixins.  Lets say we ate leftovers for about a week lol.  The Friday after Christmas his post deployment leave started, so we went to Florida to visit with his family for a little over a week.  It was nice bringing in the new year with everyone, especially since I hadnt seen them in over a year. Oh and another exciting thing happened New Years Eve....Justin asked little ole me to marry him!!  I was soooo shocked.  His mom threw a new years eve/welcome home party that night, so all of his family and friends were there.  He called everyone's attention and got down on his knee and asked me.  I didnt even give him a answer, I was speechless so his answer came in the form of a head nod (more like shake, I am very sure I looked like a bobble head lol.)  This happened only a couple days in our trip down there, so the rest of it was just amazing.  We didnt do to much, just hung out with friends and family.  But it was def nice just to get away from here.

So when's the wedding?  Weeelllll we are actually married.  We got engaged 12/31/12, and we got married 1/18/13.  That was fast, yes I know that what you are thinking lol, but hey its time.  We have been together 3 1/2 years...so its not like it was rushed ya know.  We went to the courthouse and had a little ceremony with our 2 witnesses.  We are having an actually wedding ceremony for our close friends and family August 10th. We figured that lets go ahead and get married, just so we can go ahead and collect the benefits.  I mean we already had our house and everything, might as well get married and get the BAH to help out.

 I am currently planning my wedding of course, and boy it is stressful lol.  I told Justin I have waited all my life to plan my wedding, have had so many ideas of how it would go.  Now that I am actually planning, my mind is a complete blank lol.  I mean I have ideas, I just cant decide on them.  Thank goodness for Pinterest lol.  I promise to get back into blogging, because I def will need to do wedding update post lol.  Right now we have our venue, ordered my dress, I have my shoes, I have picked my colors and the bridesmaids dresses, and also what Justin and the groomsmen will wear.  It is moving along, I will save more details for the wedding post lol.

On another subject, I quit my job because I hated it so much.  I am currently a stay at home wife, but I am looking to find another one.  So if anyone knows someone who is hiring in the Jacksonville area please let me know.

Life is good, and I couldnt be happier with the way things have been going.  Oh and I will also have to do a homecoming post and share some of my pics from Justin's homecoming.  If you are a new follower please let me know so I can follow you back!!  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay you're blogging again! And congratulations again on the engagement and wedding :) I wish Pinterest was around when I got married! Haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love yall! <3