Of course you know if you have been following my wedding post I am a DIY bride. I love the satisfaction of making stuff for the wedding myself. Well my most recent project I will go ahead and share with you. I havent shared to much, just because I want to keep the surprise...but this one isnt a bigger so I will go ahead. Plus some of you ladies may be planning your own wedding and may enjoy the tip.
I looked online for months at garters, trying to find the perfect one. All the ones I liked where like $30...then I got to thinking, I wonder if it is hard to make and can I make it cheaper then I can buy one? Well I found our it was a yes to both! I made mine for no more than $10, and that was for 2. One to keep and the other to toss. Score one point for Stephanie! I got all of my supplies from Hobby Lobby, just because Michaels didnt have exactly what I needed.
How on earth did I make it? Well it really isnt hard at all.
What will I need?
-Lace
-Tape measure
-Glue gun and glue
-Decorations
-A needle and thread
So to begin measure your thigh at the area you plan on wearing it. Take that measurement and subtract about 2 inches. I help the lace before I cut it just to be sure it would fit correctly. You know the saying "it's better to measure 4 times and cut once, than measure once and cut 4 times." Next sew the ends together. It took me a minute thinking how to sew it so it wouldn't come apart, since it has holes and isnt an ideal material to sew. I ended up sewing in a circle kinda thing. I went in one side and out the other so that the ends of the lace were covered by the thread. It worked better than if I would have done the typical sewing method where you keep going back and forth. (I hope that wasn't confusing...its hard to describe lol.) After I got it all stitched up to where it wouldnt come apart its time for the fun part. Decorating!! Just play around with it, and when you get it how you want, glue it all down!
These are my final products. The pink one I will keep and the white will be my toss garter. You dont have to make 2, I just wanted to keep one for a shadow box or something lol. You can decorate more than I did. I didnt realize how tiny my thighs are so I really couldnt put a lot of stuff on there.
So simple right?!?! I love it and I cant wait to wear it on the big day...which is a couple weeks away!! I seriously cant believe it! I cant wait to share my other projects with you, I have some I am pretty dang proud of lol! Have a great day. And if you use this please let me know how yours turned out :)
Monday, July 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the love yall! <3