I am a very DIY Bride. If I could do everything myself I totally would. But I have to be realistic on my time and what I will actually be able to accomplish without having a mental breakdown. Between planning the wedding and school, my stress level stays pretty moderate...and sadly the smallest things will send it up. I dont want to wear myself down to where I cant enjoy the day I worked so hard to create. So between all the projects I wanted to take on, I sat down and look at which ones I can do and will actually be able to enjoy. Two of the projects that I am about to start are my cake topper and my garters.
I have looked everywhere for a cake topper. I want something traditional with the people on top...I dont want a letter or anything else. Well customized cake toppers are over $100! I did consider it...but now I'm like No Thank You! All the ones in the stores have the groom's wearing a tux...Justin isn't wearing a tux so that would look tacky. Well my crafty self got to thinking..what if I paint it?!? So I bought one for like $15 on sale...one I do like, and I plan on painting the grooms outfit to match what Justin will be wearing. Fingers crossed it turns out looking cute :)
I also looked everywhere for a garter. I had an idea in my mind of what I wanted, and I found a couple on Etsy that I liked. But honestly I am sick of ordering stuff online...plus I bought the stuff to make it for $20 less than what they are charging. Um hello, its a no brainer! I am excited to make something that I will be wearing the whole night. I am making 2, one to keep, and one he will toss. If they turn out good, I also will be making my cousin's for her wedding. I cant wait!
I recently made my bouquet that I used for my bridal portraits, and it turned out really well! People thought it was real, or that my Grandma (who is amazing with floral design) made it. I was proud to say, nope I made it myself! Not sure what I am going to do with it after, I may sale it on the wedding yard sale type website, but we will see. So needless to say my recent diy projects have turned out successful!
Yesterday while shopping we also were checking out flowers for the centerpieces. I had my heart set on having white hydrangeas and coral roses. Nobody had the hydrangeas, and if they did they were expensive! Right now we are looking at having around 15 tables, it could change..but as of now thats what we are figuring up...our guest list is less than 80 people because we wanted a small intimate wedding. So we went to Hobby Lobby, grabbing different stems and playing with options. Getting very frustrated. It's hard when you have a vision in your head and then you have to toss it. It's like nothing else adds up to it ya know. Well I was walking around and I noticed they had these pre made bouquets. They we super cute! I told my mom, how bout something like this? Well after looking for the flowers to recreate it, because they only had 7 of them I decided to ask one of the workers if we could order the rest we need. The dont make their arrangements there, they have them sent to the store. He said we sure could!! They should be here next Monday, so a little over a week...which isnt bad timing at all! And the big news...they had all floral on sale 50% off....one centerpiece cost us $5!! Yes you read that right, $5. There were $10, and when we ordered them they are going to still honor the discount for us! I am beyond ecstatic, and I know my mom is!! You cant beat a centerpiece that cheap! Plus it is one less thing we have to stress about.
We are less than a month away, and I know the wedding will be here before we know it! I so cant wait, I am loving how everything is falling into place! I hope you all enjoy the rest of you weekend :)














No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the love yall! <3