Thursday, December 1, 2011

Yummy When Its Cold

The weather is getting colder and colder.  The other day it was cold and rainy and all I could think about was wanting to make something for supper that would warm me up.  What came to mind?  Chilli!!  Mmmm I bet your mouth is watering isnt it lol.  Here is my simple chilli recipe, even the people who burn toast could make this!

What do I need?

1 pound ground turkey
2 can kidney beans
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 package chilli mix
grated cheese
chilli powder
salt and pepper
tortilla chips or saltine crackers

First you need to cook your turkey.  In a skillet put a little oil (because turkey doesnt have as much fat as hamburger does) and add your turkey.  Season with s&p and chilli powder.  Once you have cooked your turkey dump it in your crock pot...dont drain it, most of that isnt fat its the oil and season you added to it.  Ok now add your kidney beans (I drained mine personally but you dont have to), crushed tomatoes, and your chilli mix.  Mix all the ingredients up and let it be.  The longer you cook this, the better it will taste.  I started mine out on low...but closer time to serve I turned it to high, and I stirred it periodically.  When I served it I got me a big bowl and filled it with lots of chilli and I added crushed up tortilla chips (or crushed up saltine crackers) and topped it with lots of cheese.  You can also add sour cream, but I dont like it so I left that out.

So how simple was that recipe?  You must make this on one of those cold yucky days, you wont regret it.  Make sure to let me know if you make it and how you liked it :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!! I love the "even people who burn toast could make this" - great, that means me! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love yall! <3