Sunday, January 10, 2010

Deployment

Yes I am a USMC Girlfriend. Yes I know there are sacrifices to chosing this life. Like this icon thingy I found says "Proud Marine Girlfriend I love this man, I choose this life." I knew what I was getting into when I started dating him.

My Baby is currently deployed. Has it been hard...yes. Is it going to be worth it in the end when he gets back...ABSOLUTELY! I love him so much. We've had to overcome alot in this month he has been gone. Trust...we have really seen weither we truly trust the other person. I completely trust him. I understand why he has trust issues and I dont blame him. But im not giving him any reason not to trust me. He is the only one I want to be with. Communication is another issue we have had to deal with...luckly we always talk about what is bothering us. Its funny but dealing with this we have actually grown closer instead of apart. Was I worried when he first left about us drifting...yeah kinda. Am I now...nope. Just by looking back at where we've been, and what we've come through I dont worry. I believe with my entire heart that we can handle anything thrown at us.

Yes this deployment isnt as long as the next, but I kinda feel like this is training us for the next one. Giving us a taste of whats to come. Am I worried about the next one...a little, but not really. I mostly look forward to all the stuff we're gonna do when he gets back.

Deployment sucks, thats why GOD invented friends and chocolate lol.

My advice to anyone going through a deployment, talk talk talk. Yes I know its hard to talk because you dont know when you will here from him. Keep a notebook with you and write down your feelings so you can remember what to talk about. Send emails, ect. so when he does get to check his email he will be able to read it. Plus sometimes its easier to type something then to say it. Trust me.

Well I hope this has helped in any way.

Semper Fi--Always Faithful

^^Thats what you've gotta be^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love yall! <3