Sunday, June 10, 2012

Long Time No Post!

Yes I have been slacking horribly, life has been so crazy.  How bout some updates...

Well of course you all know Justin is deployed, today is day 76 since he left.  I'm so ready for this to be done, thankfully we are almost half way done with it!!  He is doing ok, some days when we get to talk he sounds good, others he sounds depressed.  I know he is homesick and being stuck on a ship is getting to him.  We are both staying strong though and staying positive.

So I have made some progress with decorating the house, I will use that as a separate post soon.  Im happy with how it is coming along.  I promise pics will be coming soon!!

So about a month ago my Grandpa passed away, its been hard dealing with Justin being gone, and that has also been hard to deal with.  I know he is in a better place, he has been sick for a long time...but of course it is hard knowing I will never see him again.  I hadnt seen him since Easter, so of course I feel guilty about that.  But I know its not my fault since I havent had to chance to visit because I was working on Saturdays.  He was in the Army and they had a Military Service for him....that was the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with.  Of course it was my Grandpa, but sitting there hearing them play Taps, and then they presented the flag to my Grandma...I couldnt help but imagine it was me and that was Justin.  I got to talk to Justin and he told me not to think of it like that, but it is so hard not to, you cant help the things that cross your mind.  It was nice being home for almost a week and getting to spend time with my family, I just hate the reason why.  But I am getting through it, taking it one day at a time.

Next Saturday I am planning on getting my next tattoo!  I cant wait, I will post pics when I get it.  I seriously promise to get better about blogging.

Hmmmm what else do I need to share?  My mind is blank lol.  Well I hope you all have had a great weekend!  I will post again soon :)

2 comments:

  1. I need to post too. If you ever want to hang out or something let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you mean about TAPS and military funerals. We live on post and every night they play TAPS. If I am outside to hear it, it almost always leaves me teary eyed. It always makes me think that one day I will be hearing it for my husband or my father who also served. It is definitely not a pleasant thought, but sadly almost always creeps in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love yall! <3